The Tainted Ep. 1 The Tainted Ep. 1

Review by Valstein

I like the idea of the plot. Reminds me of the book Velocity by Dean Koontz, vaguely. I may have voted too low, based on masterpieces like Castle III, Bitey of Brackenwood, and Lilium. The animation and voice were kind of painful. That's not an insult. I'm terrible at flash, if you look at my submissions, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to review something. I know you must have put alot of work into this, unless you're just that good, and rushed it. I wouldn't know you money situation, but maybe a better mic, and many, many takes for voices would definitely help. As far as the animation, too much frame by frame, with alot of experience or training can be cheap looking; joints don't hinge realistically, edges can seem sloppy. My advice for the animation would be to quicken things up, and use jpeg blurs, or even half transparent streaks to make up for the loss of frames by making movements quicker. Less frame-by-frame, and more symbols and motion tweens. I know from experience that eye close-ups, and first person shots are almost always a bad idea, unless executed very well. If you do learn to do eye close-ups and first person shots well, don't forget to make them come and go quickly, before people get bored with them and want to see more. You can take my review with a grain of salt, or appreciate my advice, just please don't get offended. I liked it. You'll most likely do what the animators of Joe Zombie and Castle III did, grow and develop as a quality animator, and want to remake your first flashes with your new skills. Keep up the work, and try to learn new techniques if you have that much time to dedicate to flash.

lvl4l2C responds:

i'm definitely not offended and i really do appreciate the advice. i know, i need to work on my animation skills more. i haven't really taken any classes for making good animations, only a class for the basics. i'll keep on working on it, and i guarantee that you'll see much better results in the upcoming episodes. thanks again for the advice.

Lilium -Teaser- Lilium -Teaser-

The Lilium entries. whew

By far the two submissions that stand out the most to me.

The surreal world she lives in. The style. The confusing break from reality these flashes give us.

People will prejudice against Lilium because they are wastes of life. They know nothing. Goth is a term I despise. Art sometimes needs to have a dark, serious, and sometimes sincerely scary theme to it to get it's message across.

Art with the colors of the normal world, and the speech of the normal world, as well as the situations of the normal world, are dull. Even flashes like Bitey of Brakenwood don't stand up to Lilium, just because of how the darker themes touch a deeper part of you than a more politically correct, family oriented theme.

The character Lilium is a mysterious and genuinely different person. Her mystery and seperation from our reality just ties me down to her, like I MUST know more. Like I need the whole story. But at the same time, she cannot be truly revealed. Her secrets must stay as such, for her mystery is her. The fact that there are dark, hidden parts of her character that we will never know, only be slightly hinted toward is capturing.

Please never give up or get bored.

DE_dust DE_dust

Nice.

But the terrorists woulda won. The bomb was planted.

Little Fat Ninja Little Fat Ninja

Original as hell

I love that it's such a well blended hybrid. The graphics are fine, so is the sound. The fact that you mixed action with puzzle, not just put both in one game seperately is unprecidented in my book. I've never played a game like this in my life, and I play games as my #1 hobby. Yes, it's a little awkward, and difficult, but add "BETA to the name and spend a month fixing it up, and you'll have a 4.2+ score.

Elf Sim Date II Elf Sim Date II

LOTS OF BUGS.

There are alot of fucking bugs in this game. When the little heart gives you advice, the advice won't go away and blocks the screen. The box that tells you where you are (which is completely pointless) covers the girl's face. I only played this for like 20 seconds, because it was so badly put together it was like a BETA. Finish your submission before you submit it. Seriously.

Tower Defence Tower Defence

Was alright for a beta

First hint: NEVER BUY THE GREEN TOWERS

they're infirior in all stats. they pose no point in the game whatsoever.

Majestic Majestic

salright

It was too slow and didn't have enough instruments. The strings did sound good, but they also clicked too bad when they changed pitch. it's alright. you just need to work a little bit more on it.